As per the official NEET Information Bulletin, declaration of NEET Result 2019 will be expected by Wednesday, June 05th 2019 on the National Testing Agency (NTA) official website https://ntaneet.nic.in/.
The NTA will conduct the NEET Examination 2019 in Offline mode. All applying candidates battling it out to qualify and get an opportunity to admission in approx 65,000 MBBS and 25,000 BDS Seats spread across the Medical/Dental Colleges of India.
The minimum NEET cut off marks to qualify the NEET 2019 Test for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses will be 50% (for General category candidates ), 40% (for SC, ST, OBC category candidates), and 45% for PwD category candidates.
NEET Result 2019
1) The NTA will conduct the NEET 2019 Examination, evaluate the NEET Answer Sheets and the NEET Result 2019 will be announced on NTA official portal www.ntaneet.nic.in. NTA will prepare the merit list as per the directives of DGHS, MCI and DCI.
2) NEET Result 2019 comes in a unified format, no category-wise separate result sheet will be prepared. NTA will host the NEET Result on its website and afterwards, you can download the result sheets.
3) There is no provision of re-checking/re-evaluation of NEET Answer Sheets.
4) If you don’t want to miss any important update and announcement regarding the NEET 2019 Exam, keep checking the websites of NTA, MoH & FW, Medical Counselling Committee, and all participating States/Universities/Institutions till the completion of the final round of NEET Counseling.
How to check NEET Result 2019
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will declare the NEET Result 2019 on its official portal after the completion of answer sheet evaluation and preparing a list of qualifying candidates.
- a) Visit Official website of NTA (Medical Exam) ntaneet.nic.in.
- b) Look out for the tab NEET Result 2019 and fill in the required credentials
- c) Put in your NEET particulars i.e. NEET Roll No and Date of Birth and submit after verifying both details.
NTA – NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST 2019
NEET (UG) 2019 – RESULTS
- d) NEET Result 2019 will be displayed on the screen
- e) Hit Download and take a printout of your NTA NEET Score Card 2019
NEET Merit List 2019 and Qualifying Criteria
01. Qualifying Criteria for NEET 2019 –
On the basis of the eligibility criteria provided by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and Dental Council of India (DCI), the National Testing Agency (NTA) will prepare an All India Merit List of successful candidates in NEET Examination 2019. The eligibility norms are as follows
- a) Unreserved (UR)/General Category: In order to be qualified for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for a specific academic year, it is compulsory for you to secure minimum 50 % marks in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) to MBBS/BDS Courses organised for the concern academic year.
- b) Scheduled Castes (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Other Backward Classes (OBC) category candidates: The Qualifying standard for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses the barrier is minimum 40 % (percentile) marks.
- c) PwD Candidates: All candidates with benchmark disabilities stated under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the minimum marks shall be 45 % for the Unreserved category candidates and 40 % for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
02. NEET Merit List 2019
A list of successful candidates in order of All India Rank (AIR) on the basis of marks obtained in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET 2019) will be prepared by the NTA.
(I) NEET Merit List for Counselling under 15 % All India Quota
The merit list of the qualified and successful candidates who have selected 15 % All India Quota Seats will be prepared by the NTA on the basis of marks secured in the NEET 2019 Examination.
Further, the Merit List of successful candidates in NEET 2019 shall be forwarded to the Directorate General of Health Services (Medical Examination Hall), MoH & FW, Government of India for allotment of Seats by Online Counselling to 15 % All India Quota Seats.
(II) NEET Merit List for MBBS/BDS Seats other than 15 % All India Quota
- a) Based on the successful candidate’s list, National Test Agency (NTA) will provide All India Rank. Further NTA will handover the prepared NEET Result to the DGHS, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of India later the same provided to Admitting authorities.
- b) By following the NEET Result/All India Rank & applicable rules, Admitting authorities will invite applications for the NEET Counselling and Merit List shall be drawn.
- c) The admitting/counselling authorities will prepare a merit list of candidates in the respected category as declared by the candidate at the time of Applying.
NEET Counselling 2019
NEET 2019 Counselling will be organised for two different quota seats (the 15 % All India Quota Seats and Seats other than the 15 % All India Quota Seats) by separate authorities in the following manner –
(A) NEET Counselling for Seats under the 15 % All India Quota and all Seats in Central Universities comprising AFMC, DU, BHU, ESI, AMU and Deemed Universities
For admission in above-mentioned Universities/Institutions, the NEET online counselling would be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee of the DGHS. Every necessary information on Online Counselling would only be available on Medical Counselling Committee website www.mcc.nic.in. All Qualified candidates are instructed to read the counselling related information very carefully and understand the entire procedure to be applied during the course of counselling.
In case of any query related to the 15 % All India Quota, Central Institutions AFMC, DU, BHU, ESI, AMU and Deemed Universities may be referred to the below mentioned address –
The Assistant Director General (ME), Directorate General of Health Services, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi -110108. E-Mail: email@example.com
(B) NEET Counselling 2019 and Admission for Seats other than 15 % All India Quota Seats –
All candidates willing to apply for admission in State Medical Colleges /Universities /Institutions based on the NEET Merit List 2019 shall follow the instructions of concern counselling authorities of State Government/Medical/Dental Colleges/ Institutions/ University.
NEET Counselling for Private Medical Colleges (except Deemed) will be done by the respective State Governments.
The respective counselling authorities will prepare a merit list of candidates in concern categories as declared by the candidate at the time of applying for Admission/ Counselling.
For the Counselling and Admission on MBBS/BDS Seats other than 15 % All India Quota Seats, the candidate will register for counselling according to their eligibility by giving the category. Further, a State Category List and Merit List will be prepared accordingly by the Counselling authorities.
NEET Answer Key 2019
(1) By providing Answer Key of the questions, NTA granting an opportunity to challenge if there is any suspicion regarding the available Answer Key on NTA website www.ntaneet.nic.in.
(2) To know the exact date of display of NEET Answer Key, you need to check regular updates with the NTA website after the examination.
(3) You can make an online challenge against the NEET Answer Key by paying Rs 1000/- non-refundable processing fee for every answer challenged.
(4) All candidate’s challenges will be verified by NTA with the assistance of its subject experts. If found true the NEET Answer Key will be revised accordingly. Further, on the basis of revised Answer Key, NEET Result 2019 will be prepared and announced.
(5) There will be no individual communication about the acceptance or non-acceptance of a candidate’s challenge.
(6) The NEET Answer Key finalized after the challenge will be final.
Display of OMR (NEET Answer Sheet) and Responses on NTA Website
(a) National Testing Agency (NTA) will showcase the images of OMR Answer Sheet and responses graded by the machine on the NTA website. Keep checking the NTA website for exact date of the same.
(b) All NEET candidates will be given a chance to submit representation against the OMR grading on payment of non-refundable processing fee amounting Rs 1000/- for every response challenged
(c) NTA cross verified all candidate’s representation against the OMR grading from actual records and the same will be updated if challenges are found correct.
(d) You are advised to check regularly with the NTA websites www.nta.nic.in and www.ntaneet.nic.in to view and download images of OMR Answer Sheet and responses captured by the machine.
NEET 2019 Timeline, Important Dates
NEET (UG) -2019 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), an autonomous independent premier testing organisation established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI).
National Testing Agency (NTA) run NEET (UG) 2019 date of examination is Sunday, May 05th, 2019. The NEET 2019 examination will be conducted in the Offline (Pen-Paper) mode.
The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) – 2019 is an eligibility cum entrance test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in all Indian Medical/Dental Colleges approved by Medical Council of India (MCI)/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India (GOI).
Institutions directly established by the Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry are not included in the NEET 2019 Examination, as both of them conducts their separate entrance tests.
|01||Date of NEET 2019 Examination||Sunday, May 05th, 2019|
|02||Timing of NEET 2019 Examination||02:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m.|
|03||On-line submission of NEET 2019 Application Form (Up to 11;50 p.m.) including uploading of photograph and signature||November 01st, 2018 (11:30 a.m.) to December 07th, 2018 (through Credit Card / Debit Card / Net-Banking / UPI up to 11:50 p.m. and through Bank e-challan (SBI) up to banking hours of December 08th, 2018.|
|04||Last date of successful Online Fee payment||November 01st, 2018 (11:30 a.m.) to December 08th, 2018|
|05||Fee Payable by Candidates||INR 1450 /-|
|Unreserved (UR), Other Backward Classes (OBC) – NCL|
|SC / ST / PwD / Transgender||INR 750/-|
|GST & Service / Processing charges are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.|
|06||Printing of NEET 2019 Admit Cards from NTA Website||From April 15th, 2019|
|07||Declaration of NEET 2019 Result on NTA Website||By June 05th, 2019|
Latest Updates: NEET (UG) – 2019 Exam
Find here, some latest important updates and concern details regarding the NEET 2019 conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
Update 01: Final date of Registration for NEET 2019 extended
The late date of submission of NEET 2019 Online Application Form has also been extended by 01 Week from November 30th, 2018 to December 7th, 2018. The process of Registration begins on November 1st 2018. However, it is advised candidate should not wait till the last date and apply as soon as possible.
Read Official NTA Notification – here
Update 02: Removal of Upper Age-limit for all category candidates
As per the Hon’ble Supreme Court’s order dated November 29th, 2018 all candidates who are 25 years of age and above shall be entitled to apply and take part in NEET 2019 examination subject to the final outcome in concern matters.
For official notification – Click In
Update 03: Extension of the Last date for fee payment
The last date of fee payment for NEET 2019 is also extended from December 01, 2018 to December 08, 2018. Fee payment can be done through Credit card/Debit card/Net-banking/ UPI up to 11:50 p.m. of 08th December 2018 and by Bank e-challan (SBI) up to banking hours of December 08, 2018.
Read more – Click here
Update 04: Permission to fill up the online application form for PwD candidates
According to the instruction received from the Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India dated 20th November 2018 that the PwD category candidates may fill the Online Application Form of NEET 2019. Candidates may edit the particulars of his/her NEET 2019 application from 14th January 2019 to 31st January 2019.
The complete draft guidelines to the above available with the Medical Council of India’s (MCI) Official website
National Testing Agency (NTA’s) role & responsibilities
The NTA’s work profile is to conduct the NEET Examination, declaration of NEET Result 2019, preparation of Merit list and providing All India Rank (AIR) to the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Ministry of Family Welfare & Health (MFW & H), Government of India (GOI) for Counselling.
On the Basis of NTA prepared NEET Merit List, DGHS and MFW & H organised Counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats and Full 100% Seats of Central Universities/ Deemed Universities/ESIC & AFMC along with AMU, BHU, DU Seats and provide the result to concern State Counselling Authorities & Admitting Institutions.
Availability of MBBS/BDS Seat under different Quotas for NEET 2019
Admission to all Seats of MBBS/BDS will be done through NEET (UG) 2019 Examination. Here, giving you a summary of Total Seats available under various quotas.
- The 15% All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- Central Institutions / Central Universities /Deemed Universities
- State / Management / NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical/Dental Colleges or Other Private Universities
- Central Pool Quota Seats
Pattern of NEET Examination 2019
Fine details of NEET 2019 Examination Pattern are as follows –
- Mode of Examination: The NEET 2019 Examination conducted in Offline (pen-paper) mode only.
- Type of Questions: All Questions are of the Objective type.
- Total No. of Questions: 180 Nos. (45 each for Physics, Chemistry & 90 for Biology (Botany&Zoology)
- Duration of the NEET Exam 2019: Three (03) Hours or 180 Minutes
- Included Subjects for NEET 2019: Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany&Zoology)
Medium of Question Papers:- NEET 2019 Entrance Examination will be conducted in total Eleven (11) languages i.e. English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Odia, Telugu, Urdu. You can choose any of the above-mentioned languages as the medium of your NEET Question Paper 2019.
Note: It is important to select your medium of NEET Question Paper while filling the Online Application Form as the option chosen by you once cannot be changed later during the entire process.
To know about the Option of regional languages available across all NEET Examination Enters go through the NEET Information Booklet at NTA website.
Marking Pattern in NEET 2019 Exam:-
The NEET 2019 Question Paper constitutes total 720 Marks for 180 No. of Questions. Each Question has four (04) choices with One (01) correct answer.
Every Question carries 04-Marks. For each Correct Response, you will get 04-Marks. For every Incorrect Response, 01-Mark will be deducted from your total score.
Know the Eligibility Criteria & Qualifications for NEET 2019
(A)- Eligibility for appearing in NEET (UG) Entrance Exam 2019 described as follows –
01) Age Criteria –
The Candidate must have completed 17-years of Age at the time of admission or will complete that required minimum age on or before 31st December of the year of her/his admission to the 1st Year MBBS/BDS Course i.e. Year-2019.
No Upper Age-Limit: All category candidates born on or before 31st December 2002 are eligible to appear in NEET Entrance Exam 2019.
As per Hon’ble Supreme Court’s latest order dated 29th November 2018, all Candidates attaining 25-years of Age & above shall be entitled to Apply and Appear in the NEET 2019 Examination provisionally subject to the final order.
02- Eligibility for Seats under the control of States/Central Universities/Deemed Universities/ESIC & AFMC along with BHU, DU, AMU.Central Pool Quota
- Indian citizens, Non-Resident of Inda (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals are qualified for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges subject to the rules & regulations of the respective State Government, Institution, and the Govt of India.
- Foreign Nationals needs to confirm their eligibility from the concern Medical/Dental college/States.
03- Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
- a) Indian Nationals, NRIs, PIO, OCI and Foreign Nationals are entitled to apply for 15% All India Quota Seats.
- b) Candidates from State of J & K are not eligible to apply for the 15% All India Quota Seats. If they claim, they must submit a Self-declaration Form given in Appendix III.
(B) Qualification Standards – Here are the various qualifying examination criteria’s for the NEET 2019’s aspiring candidates.
- Candidate should have passed the minimum qualifying examination (12th Standard). For those Students appearing in the 12th standard, can apply and appear in the test but he/she must pass the qualifying examination with the required percentage of marks at the time of the First round of Counselling. Failing to do so he/she shall not be entitled to admission in MBBS/BDS courses. OR
- Candidate passed the Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the ICSE Board, which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary examination after 12 years of study, and the last 02 years study comprises Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English subjects are eligible for NEET 2019. OR
Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open School or as Private Students shall not be eligible to appear for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET).
Also, the Candidates who have studied Biology / Biotechnology as an Additional Subject at 10+2 level shall not be allowed. OR
III. The candidate must have passed Intermediate, Pre-degree examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology (included practical subjects of these) and English as a compulsory subject. OR
- Candidate in the first year of 03-yr Degree course of a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology including practical tests of these three subjects and candidate has passed the 10+2 qualifying examination with Physica, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a core course. OR
- Passed B.Sc examination from a recognized Indian University with not less than two subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and also passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
Criteria of Percentage of Marks in Qualifying Examination
1) For SC, ST, OBC category candidates, the qualifying examination mark (Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology taken together) shall be minimum 40%. For Unreserved (General) candidates, it is 50% and for PwD category candidates the qualifying mark is 45%.
2) Those candidates studied abroad and willing to take admission in Indian Medical Colleges must have passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology subjects and English up to 12th standard with 50% marks providing their equivalency is determined by concern authorities.
01- For Unreserved (UR) & Other Backward Classes (OBC) Category – Rs 1400/-
02- For SC / ST / PwD & Transgender Category Candidates – Rs 750/-
Additional Service/processing charges and GST are to be paid by the candidate.
Necessary preparation for filling up the NEET 2019 Online Application Form
You can apply for NEET 2019 Examination only in Online mode by logging on the NTA official website www.ntaneet.nic.in.
- A) NEET 2019 Application Form requires the following information i.e. Name of Candidate, Father/Mother with correct spellings, Personal ID No (Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/Passport No/Voter ID No/Ration Card Number/Bank Account Number/Other valid Govt Identity Card Number), Date of Birth, Mobile Number, email ID need to kept ready.
B) Guidelines to Upload Photograph and Signature
Before filling the NEET Online Application Form, the candidate needs to prepare the scanned images of her/his latest Photograph (Size 10 kb to 200 kb) and Signature (size 4 kb to 30 kb) in JPG/JPEG format for uploading as part of the Online application process.
Key Points to remember:
- You can apply for NEET 2019 examination through ‘Online mode’ only.
The NEET 2019 Application Form will be accepted in the Online Mode only, there are no other means to apply for this examination. One application per candidate means you are allowed to submit one application only.
- Submission of NEET Application Form may be done by visiting NTA official website www.nta.ac.in / www.ntaneet.nic.in only
- You must follow all instructions, guidelines strictly as provided in the NEET Information Bulletin and on NTA website. A small mistake and you may be disqualified, so avoid such a possibility.
- While filling the NEET Online Application Form make sure to enter your personal e-mail address and Mobile Number as all concern communication/information will be sent through e-mail and SMS on given e-mail address and Mobile Number only.
NEET 2019 Application Form
For a broader idea about the Online Application process, elaborated information you can visit Model NEET 2019 Online Application Form here.
How to Apply
Here are the important instructions for filling NEET 2019 Online Application Form
Firstly, Download the Information Bulletin and a copy of NEET 2019 Application Form. Read all detailed information very carefully and ensure your eligibility for the examination.
You need to follow below provided 04 crucial steps to apply online
Step-1: Fill in all required details in the Online Application Form and once you did, note down the system generated Application No. for further reference purposes.
Step-2: Now upload the scanned images of your Photograph (Size between 10 kb-200 kb) and Signature (Size between 4 kb-30 kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
Step-3: After successfully uploading photograph & signature it’s time for Fee Payment. You can make NEET 2019 fee payment through the bank and various other modes as instructed in Chapter-4 of the information booklet NEET 2019.
Step-4: As you confirm the Fee Payment, take a printout of the Confirmation page and make 04 Xerox-copies for future use.
You can complete the above 04 steps together or individually as per the convenience.
Note: Generation of Confirmation Page ensures the successful final submission of your NEET 2019 Application Form. If the Confirmation Page has not been generated, it shows that your Application Form has not been submitted successfully.
Methods of Fee Payment
Once you completed above-mentioned Step 2 of NEET 2019 Online Application procedure its time for Fee Payment (Step 3).
NEET 2019 Application Fee Payment can be done by using the following two methods
01) Online Mode (Debit Card/Credit Card & Net-Banking) – Make sure you check the validity of Debit/Credit Card and keep it ready before logging on to NTA website for Application Form submission.
For Net-Banking, check your Bank-account balance and keep all necessary details (net-banking logins) ready before you proceed with the Online submission process.
02) Cash deposit by Bank e-challan – After uploading your Photograph and Signature (Step 2) you have to select the Fee Payment options. Once you opt for Bank e-challan method, the system will generate an e-slip. Now print that e-slip on A4-Paper and follow given instructions and make fee payment through cash deposition (Bank e-challan).
Application Form Correction on NTA Website only
In case of any mistake, wrong information submission during the NEET 2019 Online Application process you can make a correction in Application Form details in between 14th January 2019 – 31st January 2019.
All these corrections can be done on the NTA website only, no correction shall be permitted after the specified date.
NEET 2019 Examination Centers
List of Cities / Exam Centers along with City Codes where the NEET Examination 2019 will be conducted given in Appendix II of NEET Information Bulletin available at NTA website.
In NEET 2019 Examination, all category candidate will have three (03) choice of NEET Examination Centers. NEET Exam Centres will be allocated as per the submitted preferences of candidates follows by the availability of such centres. The final allocation of Exam Centres will be solely done by the conducting authority NTA.
NEET Admit Card 2019
You can download and take a printout of your NEET Admit Card 2019 on the NTA official website starting from 15th April 2019.
All participating candidates must keep in mind that Admit Cards will not be sent by post. When you will download the NEET 2019 Admit Card, one Admit Card in PDF format will also be emailed to your registered email address.
The NEET Admit Card 2019 will contain the following particulars such as Candidates NEET Roll Number, Candidate Name, Father’s Name, Category, Sub-Category, Date of Birth, Photograph, Signature, Language of Question Paper, and Address of allotted NEET Examination Centre 2019.
Necessary Document to carry on the day of NEET Examination at the Test Centre:-
All Candidates must bring the following documents on the day of Exam at NEET Test Centre. Those who will not possess these documents will not be permitted to participate in the examination and considered disqualified.
- The Print copy of NEET Admit Card downloaded from NTA’s website.
- 01 Passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the NEET Online Application Form) that will be used to paste in the attendance sheet at Test Centre during NEET (UG) Examination 2019.
- Any 01 of the authorized Photo-identity proof (In original, valid and non-expired) such as Voter ID/Driving License/Pan Card/Aadhaar Card/Passport (with Photograph)/Ration Card etc.
Some Important Points to Consider before the commencement of Test
- A) You are not allowed to leave your seat in the Examination Room/Hall until completion of the Test as per schedule. Candidate should not leave the Exam Room/Hall without handing over his/her OMR Answer-sheet to the Exam invigilator in-charge.
- B) Before commencement of the Test, pay complete attention to all important instructions delivered by the exam supervisor and follow them strictly.
- C) Make sure you check your Test Booklet to check the number of pages mentioned on the top of booklet’s cover page.
- D) Candidate must sign twice on the exam attendance sheet at the specified place, 1st-time instantly after the commencement of examination and 2nd-time during handing over the Answer Sheet to the supervisor.
Specific Instructions to be followed in the Examination Hall
01- The Examination Centre will open two (02) hours before the beginning of NEET 2019 Examination. You are not allowed to enter the Examination Centre after 01:30 pm, Sunday 05th May 2019.
02- You must leave home early to avoid any possible inconveniences like weather, traffic, and location of the NEET test centre. You are advised to take your seat immediately soon after the opening of Examination Hall.
03- Your NEET Admit Card is the key to enter in the Examination Hall. A candidate who does not possess the valid NEET Admit Card shall not be allowed in Examination Hall under any circumstances.
04- During the Examination, the exam supervisor will check every candidate’s Admit Card to verify the identity of each NEET Candidate.
05- Inside the Exam Hall, every candidate will be allotted a Seat with Roll Number. You need to find and occupy your allotted seat failing this the candidature shall be cancelled.
For instructions regarding the Step-by-Step procedure of Examination Hall visit- here